For the first in a series of interviews, join in with Max Kahn as the strategies and systems for identifying head judges and other staff is discussed both from the perspective of a Tournament Organizer, as well as, the Judges who hope to be selected in those staffing decisions.
In this interview you will discover:
- Max’s three categories of Judges (and why he wants some of each for bigger events)
- How to keep on your tasks while also assessing potential judge talent
- What goes into a staffing decision when there’s more judges than needed (and why YOUR not being staffed may not be a critique of your abilities)
- The role players have in your growth from Floor Judge, to Team Lead, to Head Judge
- The “A” skill (Yes, it’s a word that start with A) which epitomizes where Judging is today.